Friday 9 November 2012

The Beauty of Bérénice


Since I loved the Bond theme of our last posts so much, I thought I would do another tutorial inspired by the lovely Bérénice Marlohe.  This look is dark and smouldering look.  It is very different look to Adele’s which was more classic, this has an edgier and more gothic feel to it.  Here I have taken a different approach and tried to show my techniques for this look step by step (apologies for the poor camera quality but hopefully will inspire and help you to try it yourself!


I first started with MAC Studio sculpt in NW20 foundation using a duo fibre foundation brush. Then with a small concealer brush, I applied Benefit Eraser paste below my eyes and wherever else it was needed. Bérénice has slightly rosy cheeks so I used MAC cream blush in Ladyblush on the apples of my cheeks. I used Sephora eyebrow pencil in dark brown and also Benefit's Confessions of a Concealaholic concealer under and above my eyebrows for definition. I then applied MAC's Paintpot in Barestudy to my eyelids.


It may not be visible in this picture but in the film you can see that Bérénice has a gold eyeshadow on her eyelids which works as a great contrast to the black smoky look around the eye.  To create this, I firstly applied Urban Decay Primer potion then Urban Decays Half Baked eyeshadow to my eyelids.  Then Urban Decay Sellout just under my eyebrows.


To create the smoky look I first lined along my upper lash line with Rimmel Glamorous liquid eyeliner. I also flicked it out each end to create a wing.


I then continued the liner to form a point in towards my nose.  Using MAC gel liner in Blacktrack, I lined my waterline and connected the wings with the liner under my eyes.  This process does not have to be neat as it won’t be visible once you start to blend it out.


Using the gel liner and a small blending brush, I applied it in the outer crease of my eye.  This is where it will look the darkest.  I also smudged the eyeliner under my eyes.


Then using a large blending brush, I blended the liner outside the crease and kept blending in circular motion until there were no sharp edges.


I applied L’Oreal Collagen mascara and false lashes.  Using a lipstick brush I applied a dark burgundy/purple lipstick from my Nyx Lip Palette.  To complete the look I used Barbra Daly shimmer pot along my cheekbones, above my cupids bow and along the bridge of my nose.




2 comments:

  1. Looks so cool thanks for breaking it down into steps for me! Just wondering where can you buy the Barbara Daly shimmer pot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome glad you like it! I bought it in Tesco, as far as I remember it was about €11 and considering I bought it about 4 years ago its definitely worth it! Incase its no longer available, Benefits High Beam highlighter will give a similar effect.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 funny face , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena